Traditional Massage therapy
Generally for hard working, highly motivated people working in physically and mentally stressful environments and for those taking part in sports, dance, martial arts and many different forms of health & fitness.
From time to time you may find you struggle with chronic injuries, aches, pains and muscle tightness, this can cause a direct lack in your; ability, endurance and sustenance of performance.
This lack of equilibrium causes negative changes in the body, which manifest in both mental and physical unease.
Massage helps your body to counteract the many stresses inflicted upon it by:
- Inducing relaxation by stimulating serotonin levels - proven to benefit sleep, joy and peace,
- Increasing blood flow - thus, valuable nutrients to crucial regions of the body,
- Reduction of scar tissue - which causes a lack of muscular mobility and flexibility,
- Removal of metabolites, toxins and injury induced dead blood cells - encouraging the muscles to become increasingly supple.
- Many underestimate the great power of positive effect massage can have upon the human body and it's ability to perform optimally.
Come and experience relief and restoration. Give equilibrium another chance.
Types of Massages
A specific massage, which is not holistic based – focused upon treating the area of injury or discomfort and surrounding tissues, inducing repair and recovery.
For the dedicated, driven, hard worker in you that needs a rest. This is a gentle massage focused on encouraging the increase of natural serotonin levels proven to enhance the arousal of sleep.
Deep tissue massage
Not for those who are hypersensitive to pain. This is for those whom have been carrying out their daily routines while struggling with underlying chronic muscle tightness and pain, and are in need of relief.
This treatment is very popular among my clients who are body builders, manual workers and regularly play high intensity sports.
Conditions in Which Deep Tissue Massage is used:
Classic massage therapy serves on the principle of providing relaxation. However, in deep tissue massage, the main aim is to focus on one specific problem. The specific problem could be:
- Limited mobility
- Postural problems
- Recovery from such injuries as falls, whiplash, sports injury etc
- Chronic pain
- Muscle spasm or tension
- Osteoarthritic pain
- Repetitive strain injuries such as the carpal tunnel syndrome
Deep tissue massage is not recommended for everyone. You are not advised to go for deep tissue massage treatment if you:
- Have undergone recent surgery
- Have a rash, an open wound, or an infectious skin problem
- Have an abdominal hernia, inflamed skin, recent fractures, bruises, or tumors
- Are prone to blood clots, as blood clots have a risk of being dislodged.